Champlain Valley Veterinary Services offers boarding for dogs and cats so that you can leave your pet in total comfort while you are away.
At Champlain Valley Veterinary Services, we try to make your pet's vacation a special occasion. We know the decision to board your pet can be an anxious time for you and your companion Our boarding facility provides a comfortable and relaxing home away from home for your pet when you need to be away on business, vacation or an emergency.
We pay special attention to assure your pet is safe and comfortable.
Drop Off / Pick Up Hours
|Monday:||7:30 am – 4:45 pm|
|Tuesday:||7:30 am – 6:45 pm|
|Wednesday:||7:30 am – 4:45 pm|
|Thursday:||7:30 am – 4:45 pm|
|Friday:||7:30 am – 4:45 pm|
|Saturday:||9:00 am – 11:45 am|
|Sunday and Holidays:||Closed*|
*Staff will still be caring for boarding pets while we are closed to the public.
Boarders enjoy the following amenities:
We also offer peace of mind:
Boarding Requirements for Dogs and Cats
For non-Champlain Valley Veterinary Services patients, proof of previous vaccinations with medical records is required. We must have all medical history 1-2 weeks prior to your pet's boarding date in order to verify proper vaccinations, administer necessary vaccines, and to be prepared to treat your pet if needed. You may stop by the office, mail, fax, or email these records.
- Cats must be older than 16 weeks of age.
- Vaccines required for cats less than one year old (or any vaccine naïve adult cat):
- FVRCP (Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis Calcivirus Panleukopenia) — Initial FVRCP requires 2 injections 3 to 4 weeks apart. The series must be completed at least 3 weeks prior to boarding.
- Rabies — Vaccination must be administered at least 3 weeks prior to boarding.
- Vaccines required for cats older than one year:
- FVRCP — Current
- Rabies — Current
- We will treat your cat for any detected external or internal parasites.
- Dogs must be older than 20 weeks of age.
- Vaccines required for dogs less than one year old (or any vaccine naïve adult dog):
- DA2PP (Distemper Adenovirus Parainfluenza Parvovirus) — At least 2 injections 3 to 4 weeks apart; series completed at least 2 weeks prior to boarding.
- Influenza — 2 injections 2 to 3 weeks apart; series completed at least 10 days prior to boarding.
- Bordetella (Kennel Cough) — Completed at least 10 days prior to boarding.
- Rabies — Completed at least 3 weeks prior to boarding.
- Vaccines required for dogs older than one year:
- DA2PP — Current
- Rabies — Current
- Bordetella (Kennel Cough) — Current
- We will treat your dog for any detected external or internal parasites.
Feel free to fax your pet's vaccine history to us at (518) 563-0504 prior to arrival to expedite the admissions process. We look forward to your pet's vacation!